Thursday, August 12, 2010

Last Day at Work

So I have been meaning to start this blog for awhile now and I decided what better time to create it than my last day at work?  Luckily, my co-workers understand that I did not want to do much on my last day and took care of most of the work for the day.  We decided to have a "grazing" table today which means that everyone brings a food item to share and we set them out on a table so that we may "graze" during the day.  We had an assortment of food including homemade salsa and guacamole, muffins, cookies, amazing brownies, and finished off an edible arrangement.

Having to say goodbye to so many amazing people has been hard but it only makes me remember how blessed I have been to work at this office for the last two years.  I will miss everyone dearly but I am going to make sure and stay in touch.  As I have told many people, I don't think I could forget the Housing address if I tried so they will be receiving many postcards next year.

At the beginning of the day, Iris and Kerry decided that we should do something fun all day so we have been taking pictures at the grazing table every hour on the hour.  Iris will no doubt be posting the pictures on facebook soon, so if you get a chance to look at them, they are pretty funny.

So while it's sad because I have less than an hour left, I think it's time for me to start my new adventure: Moving to France!!!  I am going to try and comment on all of my adventures in teaching English and traveling on this blog so that people know what I'm up to when I am across the world.

Until then, enjoy some pictures of my last day with Housing!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment