Thursday, December 16, 2010

Merry Christmas France, see you next year

Well, today is like no other start to Christmas vacation I have ever had.  In high school, I would hop in my car, listen to Christmas carols and drive the 20 minutes home.  In college, I would finish finals, pack enough for 3 weeks and make the 8 hour drive the next day with my roommates.  This year, I am in a foreign country.  I finished today (and not a moment too soon!), and tomorrow I take the train to Paris.  I will stay in Paris one night and then take the metro to the airport early on Saturday morning.  From there, I fly to Houston, 11 hours if you were wondering.  When I get to Houston, I get a lovely 4-5 hour layover that I do not want or need.  And the final leg of my trip is a 4 hour flight straight to Sacramento.  As I said, unlike any other start to Christmas break.

But I wouldn't change this experience for the world and 2 and a half days of traveling is not going to keep me from coming back in January.  I have met some amazing people here and I am looking forward to spending the first 5 months of the New Year in this wonderful town I call home.

My last classes went well today.  I got a word search from the internet to share with my kids which they enjoyed.  However, I think they really liked the Christmas pictures of Stephen and me I brought from when I was about 10-12.  I had them find objects in the background such as reindeer, Santa hats, candles, tinsel, etc. It kept them occupied and it was a great last lesson to give.

Last night, was the Aumonerie's Christmas Mass at St. Pierre.  It was a wonderful mass and after, I got something that I have been wanting for a couple of months: a roommate photo.  So here they are.

Merry Christmas!

The girls

I missed the memo that this was a serious picture...but it's the best one!

The boys!

Nadege, Marthe, and Me

And now it is dinnertime and I can hear people getting ready downstairs.  Leftovers from dinner last night is on the menu tonight.  Salmon, ham, cheese and bread, and hopefully some dessert!

Next time I write, I will be in Sacramento!  I am so excited for these next two weeks with family and friends! I can't wait!  Until next time, loved ones! Merry Christmas!

C'est la bonne vie!

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, you were wrong ! We didn't eat leftovers or whatever, but a great meal cooked by Thinh ! Still there was too much sugar...
    Life is not that harsh !

    Thinh et Pierre
    C'est la belle vie !

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA this is the greatest comment EVER! way to go guys! completely in english too! I am so proud :) And you are right, it wasn't leftovers it was a wonderful dinner made by Thinh! Thanks for the correction guys! I will miss you over the break!

    ReplyDelete