Sunday, July 10, 2011

End of Oregon Trip

Wow, that was fast!  I went up to Oregon for two weeks and now I have been home for almost a week.  Time is not slowing down and neither am I.

For my last weekend in Oregon, I went to Becca and Bryan's wedding, one of the main reasons why I was back in Oregon.  It was a beautiful ceremony and a wonderful reception.  So much fun spending time with many of my wonderful friends!  Can't wait to see them all again! Congrats Becca and Bryan!

Steph and Me

Reception at Sweet Cheeks Winery

Kyle and Me

The Newlyweds

Dancing Queen

With the ever-entertaining Father Dave

Kyle being MJ

Cutting the Cake

After seeing everyone again the next morning at brunch, I drove over to Bend where Mom and Dad were waiting to watch Stephen play.  It was also the 4th of July so the whole team wore camo uniforms that they would auction off to support our troops.  They played great and won 12-2!  There were also fireworks after the game, set off from Pilot's Butte, the tallest point in Bend.  We hung out with Stephen's host family after the game and we all went out for a late dinner and dessert.  It was a great 4th of July being with family. 

Stephen signing autographs before the game

Family - Go Elks!

Sibling picture! Love this!

The team

The next day, it was time to go home for Mom, Dad, and me.  It was by far the longest amount of time it has ever taken me to drive home from Oregon.  10 hours later and safely in Sacramento, it was bedtime to prepare for the St. Francis Volleyball camp the next day.  And these days were longer than last time because we missed a day of the week with the 4th of July on Monday.  But it went by fast, and now the 2nd camp is over and it's on to my next exciting adventure, whatever that may be.  

C'est la belle vie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment