Monday, June 27, 2011

Busy Bee!

While my newest posts might not be nearly as exciting as my travels and adventures in France, I will continue to update my blog.  But it's difficult!  I have been so busy, I have had no time to write.  So let me fill you in...

Justine left for Malawi and while I miss her terribly, I know that she is doing wonderful work and she is loving her time there.  I already received an email from her and it was sooner than I expected!  I have written a couple of letters to her myself and I am happy to say that a normal sized letter will only cost you 98 cents to send to Malawi.  Fun fact for the day!

After Justine left, I coached a volleyball camp at St. Francis with some of my teammates from high school and my high school coaches.  I had not played volleyball in a very long time but I am happy to say that I've still got it!  It was a great week with the girls and although tiring at times, seeing them improve over the course of the week made it all worth it.  Nothing is more gratifying than getting a hug at the end of the day because you spent so much time with a 5th grader on her serve, her passing, or her hitting and you gave her camper of the day in front of her teammates and her parents.  And of course, witnessing the energy of tweens again!  I don't know how they do it!

When camp was over, I made my much anticipated trip to Eugene, Oregon.  I had not been back to Oregon since I left last August.  Luckily, many of my friends are still here and I have been able to hang out with a lot of friends in the last week.  I have also kicked up my job search.  And I am happy to say that it's going really well!  No more news as of right now but hopefully I will have good news to report soon!

Finally, I just spent the last weekend in Bend, Oregon visiting Stephen (for the first time since Christmas!) and my parents.  They drove up to watch Stephen play this weekend with the Bend Elks.  He is up here for the summer playing on Bend's summer league.  They have a really nice field and great facilities for the guys.  I think he is having a great time up here playing ball and hanging out in the beautiful city of Bend.

That's about it for now.  Here are some photos for your enjoyment!

Jamie and Me! Reunited!

Stephen pitching

Parents watching nervously..

View from the house we stayed at

The Cascade mountain range

Bend Elks Stadium

Sisters in the background

Mirror Pond

Loving every minute I have in Oregon! More to come!

C'est la belle vie!



No comments:

Post a Comment