Monday, June 6, 2011

Home sweet home!

Well after 36 hours of straight traveling, I finally made it home last Thursday.  It was an interesting trip to say the least as trans-Atlantic flights generally are.  There were so many little things that I was so nervous about but now that it's over I can finally breathe.

First of all, meet my traveling companions:

so not fun lugging these guys around

After taking the train to Paris, I took a taxi to the airport, flew to Iceland (no volcano problems, in fact Iceland was beautiful!), flew to Seattle, (saw Greenland on the way, which was also beautiful), and finally made it through customs and caught the shuttle to my hotel.  AND with all with my luggage that weighed more than I do.  Then, I met up with Chris in Seattle and we went to go see Pirates!  On my flight from Seattle, I saw the beautiful Crater Lake (covered in snow as if it was February) and...

Mount Shasta from the plane

So far since I have been home, I have been having a blast!  My second night back, I went to the Wrangler with some friends.  Nothing to welcome someone back to the United States then a country bar with a live band.  The next night was something I have been looking forward to for months: the sleepover with my friends from high school!  We went out to dinner first and then went back to Jenna's house for some drinks and time to catch up.  So wonderful to see everyone and be all together one last time before Justine leaves for 2 years!

the girls with our friendship bracelets! 

friends

taryn, sarah, and justine

jenna and me

Sunday, I was invited wine tasting with Justine and her family for her Dad's birthday.  So we took a short day trip up to Napa and went chocolate tasting and wine tasting.  The chocolate fair was amazing.  I have never had chocolate that good in my life.  And then we visited Domain Chandon for some sparkling wine.  It was a little overcast as it has been for the last week but still a wonderful day with good company. 

with my bestie

hanging out with the wind-chimes

rock made out of wine-bottles

inspired by france

hanging out at Domain Chandon

at the front entrance

And that's just the beginning, I have a lot of exciting plans for this week!  It's good to be home.  I miss France but I am really enjoying being home and spending time with my family and friends!  One adventure is over and another is just beginning!

C'est la belle vie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment