Sunday, November 6, 2011

Pirate Sighting - Ahoy Mateys!

Imagine my surprise when on a sunny Friday afternoon, as I am driving on the freeway, I glance over at the Sacramento River to my right and see a pirate ship? Yaarrr, a pirate ship!


My natural sense of adventure (HA! or my obsession with pirates) made me pull off the freeway at the next exit to follow my curiosity (aka the GIANT pirate ship floating down the Sacramento River).  The feeling of danger boiled up in my stomach as I inched forward, wondering what was ahead.  After climbing up the levee (in my car), I saw her in all of her majestic beauty, floating calmly down the river, not a care in the world.  I stayed out of sight in fear of the pirates aboard (*ahem* embarrassment), and what they might do if they caught me.  I followed her as far as my feet could take me (before people around me started questioning my sanity) and watched her off into the distance.  I'm not sure where they came from, or how long they will stay.  All I know is, my Friday became infinitely cooler when I spotted pirates in Sacramento.

Keep a weather eye friends.      


yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment