Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunday decisions...

To get out of bed or not get out of bed? That is the question.  Do I get up and go to church?  Or do I stay inside because I am still feeling a little sick.  Hmm, maybe if I look outside...It's raining.  Annnddd I'm staying inside today.

That was the decision I made and I am happy that I stuck with it.  Today, I just needed to rest and relax and not worry about going outside.  It's Sunday anyway which means nothing is open in centre-ville and the only place to buy any food is at the market.  The outdoor market.  Did I already mention it was raining?  So I decided to stay inside today.

I went back to sleep, confusing my roommates who thought I had gone to bed super early the night before and couldn't understand why I was so tired.  I don't think the French sleep for the sole purpose of sleeping.  They must not have that gene in them, but I do. So I am sleeping throughout mid-morning and one of them knocks on my door to ask if I want to eat lunch with them.  I tell them I am fine, I just had breakfast anyways.  Back to sleep.  Some time later, not sure when, in my deep sleep I can hear them talk to each other and say my name downstairs.  Then, a different one yells out "Elizabeth!" Ignore it.  They will know you are sleeping. Wrong.  Again comes the, "Elizabeth!" from downstairs.  So I get up and venture to the top of the stairs where they ask again if I want to eat with them.  I said no again, but they kept saying yes, yes.  So I got up and went downstairs.  I think they were still confused to why I was so tired.

Then, they tried to find Pierre.  They did the same by shouting up to his room.  Poor guy, I know what he is going through.  He doesn't answer for several more calls than me.  So, instead of assuming he is not there or wants to keep sleeping, my roommates toss a rock at his window Romeo and Juliet style.  Pierre gets the hint, and like me travels to the kitchen looking much the same way I did when I woke up.

We had lunch together and it was actually really good so I'm glad my roommates made me get up and eat.  Then, of course, because the other two had cooked lunch, Pierre and I had to do the dishes.  I was joking with Pierre saying the only reason why they wanted us to eat was because we would have to do the dishes.  But in reality, it's nice that we all take care of each other here and I think it's really endearing that they will wake me up just because it's lunch time and I need to eat with them.

I spent the rest of the afternoon watching TV series, updating my blog, emailing teachers about next week, and getting in some much needed catching up with Justine.  It was a great day and I finally feel a little more rested after my long vacation.  Things have gone back to normal somewhat.  I have already had one day of class and will have to go to work on Monday and Tuesday of this week.  Then, there is another short break.  I know what you are thinking, these kids never go to school.  And that is partly true, but really it's the French version of Veteran's Day here so they get two days off.  And that is good news for me because I get to go to Angers to see Valerie, Sue, Annika, and my host family!  I leave Wednesday morning and I am really excited to go back!

That's about it for now!  I'm back to reality after my vacation.  Kind of.  If you can really call this reality!  More like living the dream! Happy Sunday everyone!

C'est la bonne vie pour moi! :)

1 comment: