Saturday, March 12, 2011

Paris - Just the Beginning!

Hello everyone, I'm back from my awesome, wonderful, amazing, EPIC vacation!  While I do not think I can accurately describe the amazing experiences I had, people I met, and sites that I saw, I am going to try my hardest to give you a little glimpse into a truly fabulous 12 days of my life! So we begin our story in one of my top 3 favorite cities on earth: Paris!

I got into Paris around 7 pm on Saturday, February 26th.  I went straight to Starbucks to wait for the beautiful Ms. Leah Powell to finish up with work and meet me.  We got some dinner and made our way to her house.  She was celebrating the end of her week and I was celebrating the start of my vacation so this was no doubt going to be a great night!  Here's just a peak of what is to come:


After getting ready to go out, we went over to Lindsay's house.  Lindsay has a rooftop terrace, so naturally we went up as soon as we got there.  I have a video from the roof as well but I will spare you; it's a lot of random screaming and wind. Here are a couple of cool pics though.

rooftop in Paris, can't believe this is my life!

Sacre-Coeur in the distance, blurry in the picture but amazing in real life!

We ended up heading down to the bars around the Bastille.  It was a fun night, we found a cool bar to hang out at and met some new friends.  Because it's Paris, bars are open pretty late and there is a lot to do so we stayed out all night until the metro opened the next morning at 5:30 am.  It was a really fun night! 

metro ride to the bars

hanging out and having a blast in Paris

The next day, Leah and I met up with Lindsay to have lunch at Hard Rock.  Yes, I know I'm in Paris and should not be eating food that I can get in the states but a burger sounded really good!  After having a great lunch, we took the metro to Pont L'Alma and when we came out of the metro, we had a great view of best part of Paris in my opinion. 

I love this city so much

perfect day for a walk

good company

We stopped for some coffee at one point and then decided to walk back along the river Seine.  We started at Notre Dame and went all the way to the Champs-Elysees.  The city was even more magical at night. 

that's the Eiffel Tower in that awkward distance between us

 how can you not think this is the most beautiful place in the world

then it gets even better

where we ended our looonngg walk

We went to the Marais later that night, which is a really cool part of Paris that I have not spent a lot of time in.  We had a small dinner at a cafe/bar and called it a night after being completely exhausted/freezing. 

The next morning, we went to Pere Lachaise cemetery where a lot of famous people are buried.  This is another part of Paris I had never visited before so I was excited to see it.  Among the very well-known buried in the cemetery there is Edith Piaf (a French singer), Oscar Wilde (wonderful author), and Jim Morrison ( lead singer of The Doors). 

Oscar Wilde's grave, lot of kisses on it

Edith Piaf's grave

pretty clouds. 

gravestones

Jim Morrison's grave

After the cemetery, we went up to Montmarte to walk around and look at Sacre-Coeur.  I have done it all before but it was fun to see all of the main sites of Paris again.  Like I keep saying, Paris never gets old.  Every time I am there I have to see certain places.  And I'm glad we made it up here. 

another tourist pic

leah skipping the stairs and walking straight up the side

pretty building in Montmarte

the "I love you" wall

And naturally, I made Leah and Lindsay head back over to the Eiffel Tower that night.  I think I might have a small obsession but who cares, it's beautiful.  Annnddd we got there right at 8 when it started to light up.  Yep, pretty perfect.  Here's another video for your entertainment:

 

i love this picture so much.

perfect last picture of Paris. 

The next morning I was up early and on a flight to Munich, Germany.  Paris was a perfect start to my vacation!  Always a fun time hanging out with Leah and Lindsay! 

Au revoir Paris!  Let's go to Germany! :)

C'est la belle vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment