Friday, May 27, 2011

Dreaming of a summer's day in May...

After a very mild winter, filled with many sunny days, not a lot of rain, it was just starting to get warmer in Caen. Then, two days ago: wind. rain. cold enough temperatures for jackets and scarfs.  What's up with that Normandy?  It's the end of May, this is when the really warm temperatures should be coming out, so everyone can start wearing their summer clothes with sun-dresses, shorts, and cute tanks.

But even if the weather is not particularly nice, I have my two "May" songs that can brighten my day anytime.  Why have I deemed these two my "May" songs?  Well the first one, "Love" by Matt White, I found a couple of years ago and it talks about love in "a summer's day in May".  So every May, I listen to this song as much as I can and I get a warm, happy feeling inside.  The lyrics and the melody make it impossible to not smile.  The other song, "Le même que moi" by Gary Fico, I recently discovered.  It is a French song, but even if you don't know the lyrics, you can tell it's a happy song and I'm sure you will be just as happy listening to it.  I've been walking around in the rain, listening to it on repeat, pretending I'm frolicking in the sunshine!

Without further adieu...

"Love" by Matt White

"Le même que moi" Gary Fico ft Leo Rispal


Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment