Tuesday, September 7, 2010

5 (cinq) (English prononciation: sank )

While I know that I have a couple more than 5 days before I leave, I had to share this hilarious story.

Today when I was working out, the trainer Tom wanted me to start counting my bench presses in French.  We frequently joke about my time in France during workouts.  Everything from getting strong enough to carry my luggage to methods of taking control in the classroom.

Anyways, today Tom asked "How do you say 5 in French?"  I answered, "Cinq."  Not thinking about how this sounds to me as to other people, Tom then said, "Sank? Like in 'You sank my battleship?'" I laughed so hard!  If you understand French, this is a hilarious mix-up between the languages.  I thought I would share this funny story about the language before I go abroad and inevitably have more mix-ups in the future.

C'est la bonne vie pour moi! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment