Monday, September 13, 2010

Last Weekend Home

For my last weekend home, my parents threw me a "Bon Voyage" party with a lot of friends and family.  We planned it for awhile and everything turned out great!

My roommate from college, Katelyn, decided to fly down for the event and I picked her up from the airport on Friday night.  After getting things ready for the party Friday, we got to bed early in order to get up early and finish getting ready for the party.  Saturday morning we went helped my mom by going to the bread store and putting some of the food together.  People starting arriving around 1.  My mom had a brilliant idea for the party:  She printed everyone's name on tiny labels and attached them to pins.  We attached giant maps of the United States and the World to cork board and had everyone pin the states and countries they had been to.  It was really fun for the guests and fun to see where everyone had traveled to.  Props, Mom.  That was a great idea.

The party went great.  I think people had a lot of fun.  It was wonderful to see people I hadn't seen in awhile and talk with old friends.

Justine, Jenna, and Me
Uncle Dave, Grannie, Bruce, and Me

All of the girls

Alex, Aaron, and Ella - The cutest neighbors ever!

After the party, the Duck game was on TV.  Sydney, Ally, Alyssa, Katelyn, and I went to Streets of London pub to watch the game.  We were very loud and cheered at all of the touchdowns.  Ducks won (naturally). 




After going back home to change and go out, we went out with all of the girls that night.  Because none of us live in Sacramento anymore, we were unaware of the popular event called Second Saturday.  Apparently, on every Second Saturday in Sacramento is the day that everyone goes out and walks around downtown at night. It was the largest crowd I have seen in downtown Sacramento.  We walked around and ended up going back to Streets of London.  We ran into a few friends at the bar but generally hung out with each other. Little did we know the exciting part of the night was yet to come.  Just after midnight, there was a shooting on the same block the bar was on.  Luckily, we were on the patio of the bar which was in a small alcove off the main sidewalk of the street.  We got inside right away and made plans to leave soon after.  We were surprised by how calm we were at the time.  It was a frightening experience but we stayed safe and with each other.  We all got home safely, thanks to Zac and Sarah (Justine's brother and his girlfriend) who drove us that night. 

Sunday was a pretty quite day.  Katelyn and I went shopping, and then came home to relax and watch a movie.  After dinner, I had to drive her to the airport for her flight home.  I was so happy she was able to come and I got to see her one last time before I left for France. 

It was a great, wonderful, fabulous last weekend at home.  I am so thankful for all of the wonderful people in my life.  I know with the great support system I have that I can do anything.  I feel truly blessed and loved with this many amazing people in my life.  I will try to get in one more post before I leave.  Only 2 more full days.  Can't believe it's here already! 

C'est la bonne vie pour moi!  :)




 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting the link on facebook!! We are so excited for you! This will be an amazing experience for you and I am extremely jealous! You will truly be missed this year!

    ReplyDelete